- process and administer your payment for the purchase of products or services, if you purchase online or use a debit or credit card for the purchase in one of our stores;
- process your application for a product, provide a service, or administer the Canadian Tire loyalty reward program or other loyalty or preferred customer programs that may exist from time to time (each a “Loyalty Program”);
- better understand your product and services needs and to offer relevant information, products, services, rewards and programs to meet those needs, including sending you (and others on your behalf) communications by way of postal mail, e-mail, facsimile, telephone, text message, or other type of electronic message;
- determine your interest and eligibility for, and where appropriate provide you with, products, services, rewards and programs;
- administer the delivery, return or exchange of products, services, rewards and programs to you;
- track and analyze your purchases, other transactions, shopping patterns, account activity, and payment history for marketing analysis purposes or tailoring promotional offers to you;
- track and analyze website use to provide a better customer experience such as customized offers and advertisements;
- conduct surveys and analysis for research, statistical and product development purposes (information will be de-identified to the extent possible);
- verify your identity and protect against error and fraud;
- manage and assess our risk;
- assess and update your credit-worthiness on an ongoing basis;
- process, service, analyze and audit your relationship with us, including collecting any money you owe us;
- support promotions and contest administration;
- perform tests to implement or modify systems;
- comply with applicable legal, regulatory and self-regulatory requirements;
- process and respond to your application for employment;
- respond to your questions, comments or requests to customer service; and
- achieve other purposes as may, from time to time, be permitted or required by law.
We may also collect contact information about your friends and family members when you participate in one of our refer-a-friend programs. In these instances, we may send a message to your friend or family member on your behalf. Please ensure that you only submit email addresses of individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship and who would want to receive the message from you. Where you are providing us with personal information for other individuals, you agree to provide this notice to them.
By providing your information to Piloti, you consent to Piloti using your personal information for the purposes outlined above.
Withdrawal of consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information may restrict our ability to provide you with some products and services, such as the privileges and opportunities of being a member of a Loyalty Program.
3. We obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information
Piloti obtains your consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information, except as otherwise permitted by law. The method of obtaining consent may depend on the circumstances and the sensitivity of the information. Consent may be oral or written, express or implied. Your express consent (verbal, written or electronic agreement) is generally obtained to collect, use or disclose sensitive personal information.
Benefits You Receive through Consent
As a member of the Canadian Tire family of companies, Piloti can offer its customers unmatched value across an assortment of products and services. Ours is a growing network of interrelated businesses offering a unique mix of products and services. We want to give you exceptional customer service and additional value which is facilitated by sharing your information within and across our various businesses. This sharing enables us to better understand our customers, notify current and new customers of products, services, rewards and special offers they might enjoy. We may also provide your personal information to Piloti and Canadian Tire affiliates or other third-party marketing partners (“Marketing Partners”), including under a Loyalty Program, so that they can notify you directly of products, services, rewards and special offers that may be of interest to you. These notices may be given to you by postal mail, e-mail, facsimile, telephone, text message or other form of electronic message using the contact information that you provide to us.
“Opting-out” or withdrawing your consent
If you decide that you do not want to receive marketing offers for products and services, you may always withdraw or refuse your consent by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our email communications or by contacting us as set out in Section 10 below. Your request will be promptly processed but may not be in time to remove you from promotions already in progress. Please note that even if you have opted out of receiving marketing communications, we may still contact you for purposes of administering your account and sending you transactional or operational messages.
The consequences of withdrawing or refusing consent
If you decide to withdraw or refuse your consent, our ability to communicate with you may be diminished. For example, we will generally not be able to tell you about price discounts, rewards, customized balance transfer offers, contests, or other products and services that may be of value to you.
4. We limit collection of your personal information
5. We limit use, disclosure and retention of your personal information
Piloti uses and discloses your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, except with your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law. We do not sell or rent personal information.
In the event that Piloti, Canadian Tire, any of its affiliated companies, brands or substantially all of their assets are acquired by an unrelated third party, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets. By providing your personal information to us, you agree that we may disclose your personal information, on a confidential basis, to any prospective transferee and its professional advisors for the purposes of their due diligence investigations, the completion of any such transaction and the continued operation of the acquired business.
Piloti, or any of the various businesses within the Canadian Tire family of companies and Service Providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian or other law. We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
6. Children’s Privacy
Piloti does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal data to us, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
7. How we protect your personal information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We have implemented reasonable technical, physical and administrative safeguards and security measures designed to protect your personal information. All of our Service Providers are required under their contracts with us to maintain your confidentiality and may not use your information for any unauthorized purpose. When we are required by law to provide information, we take reasonable steps to verify the lawful authority for the collection and we disclose only the information that is legally required.We review our procedures and security measures regularly to ensure that they are properly administered and remain effective and appropriate for the sensitivity of the information. However, because no security measure is 100% effective, unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of information about you at any time, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, we bear no liability for uses or disclosures of personal information or other data arising in connection with theft of the information or other malicious actions.
8. We are open about our privacy practices
We are committed to providing you with understandable and easily available information about our policies and practices related to management of your personal information.
9. Your rights and choices
You may have the right to access and correct your personal information as described below. Individuals in certain jurisdictions may have certain additional rights and choices regarding our processing of their Personal Information.